EB Engineering Solutions manufacture innovative engineering solutions to solve our customer’s problems; focusing on understanding our clients' challenge(s) and designing a solution specific to them that exceeds their expectations using our technical expertise and teamwork. EB’s offer an extensive range of engineering activities from design and build solutions, component fabrication and maintenance work. The combination of envisioning and manufacturing innovative solutions alongside an absolute dedication to attention to detail and client satisfaction is what separates EBs from others.
Why join us?
We’re super proud of what we do and that our clients choose us because we develop strong relationships with them and provide them the right solution. This only happens because we all believe in operational excellence, we always deliver quality and we’re passionate about what we do. We’re offering the chance to be part of a team where creativity, innovation and collaboration are the lifeblood of our business, where there’s interesting and varied work and where the focus is firmly placed on customer service. We want you to be curious, to strive for the best and to love what you do.
Overview of the role
The kind of person we are after will have experience in the Engineering industry with particular skills in fabrication, working from drawings and with steel, stainless and alloy.
It’s going to be busy and at times it’s going to be hectic. You’re going to need to have high energy levels to get stuck in and think on your feet while keeping your sense of humour and a level head. You must be able to engage with our clients in a personable, friendly way at all times. You will be working in a collaborative team environment where you can demonstrate your outstanding technical skills, will have the ability to spot and remedy errors before you cut & weld and when the need arises be able to create solutions from a concept idea, discussion and without working drawings.
This role reports to the workshop manager and requires a person that can deliver quality work within budget and on time.
Key responsibilities and experience
- Provide innovative and practical engineering solutions in line with the project plan
- Liaise with clients, other contractors and key persons in a professional manner
- Apply working knowledge of a variety of engineering behaviours such as fabrication, welding, assembly, maintenance work; its application, technical requirements and have the ability to troubleshoot
- Apply working knowledge of a variety of machinery and hand tools used in the manufacturing process
- Accurate recording and completion of quality assurance sheets, detailed notes on drawings and relevant changes for good record keeping
- Efficient use and recording of materials and resources including time for detailed costs, analysis and reporting
- Ability to create jigs, tools and fixtures as required for production
- Ability to maintain production plant and equipment
- Trade certified and skilled in Mig, Tig and arc welding
- Completion of all activities in accordance with Health & Safety policies
- Ability to work collaboratively to, timelines, budgets and everything else involved in delivering successful project outcomes
- Working closely with extended team to ensure execution of quality solutions
Rewards for this position
- A vibrant workplace where ideas are encouraged in providing engineering solutions and better practices
- A varied range of work and customers
- A great team of people to work with
- Flexibility in a family orientated business
- Competitive income
Key requirements for this position
- Demonstrable experience in the engineering industry, with knowledge of metals and their properties, welding process and mechanical fittinng
- Mechanically minded with advanced problem-solving ability
- Ability to read and interpret drawings with mathematical (especially geometry) knowledge
- Good planning and organisational ability
- Practical understanding of H&S requirements including SWP and JSA forms
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- High level of professional and personal presentation
- Exceptionally developed customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible to work after hours including weekends
- Ability to lead a team
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A full, clean and current drivers licence
Apply today to Greg with a copy of your current CV and a cover letter outlining why you want to join us.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit. You will also need a full driver’s license with a clean driving record.